Here something that found its way into my inbox… (Yes, I’m also speaking, please don’t let that turn you off…)
You are cordially invited to
“Making the textual visual”: Engaging visual learners with text.
Thursday 4th July 2013
Kimberlin Library, De Montfort University
“Making the textual visual” offers Academics, Librarians and Learning Developers an opportunity to share experience and practice. A look at ways of enabling visual and kinaesthetic learners to transcend the text barrier; engaging with text driven disciplines and skills in a visual and tactile way. The day offers the chance to:
- Experience visual and kinaesthetic learning techniques
- Hear about the student response and experience of such techniques,
- Consider the theoretical underpinning to this type of learning,
- Engage with Critical thinking activities
- Explore visually enabled reflection
- Group work to encourage putting these methods into practice
- A chance to network across disciplines, professions and institutions.
A day to consider the visual, kinaesthetic, multi-modal, reflective and more cerebral aspects of learning and engagement in a “freed up” expressive working space
This event is free of charge, refreshments and lunch are included.
Interested in attending ? Please book your place through this eventbrite link